You walk from our B & B into the nature reserve
Our B&B is quietly located in the hills of Le Marche and lies on the edge of the Regional Natural Park of the Gola della Rossa e Frasassi.
The famous caves of Frasassi are literally below us!
You walk from our B&B right into the nature reserve.
Because of its location, our B & B is a great base to further explore the region of Le Marche.
Within a radius of 60 km from our B & B you will find namely:
- the Adriatic beaches near Ancona, Senigallia and Sirolo
- beautiful historic cities such as Assisi, Foligno, Macerata, Gubbio and Urbino
- smaller castelli e.g. Arcevia, Castellioni, Piticchio and Corinaldo
- local markets in Cingoli, Cupramontana or Jesi, for example.
- sights such as the pilgrimage site of Loreto, the open-air theater of Macerata (with its famous open-air operas!)
- Less than fifteen minutes away is the medieval town of Fabriano, with its famous paper museum della Carta e della Filigrane!
Of course, in this town and in the immediate vicinity you will find a variety of restaurants where you can enjoy a delicious espresso, a glass of wine or the typical Italian cuisine!
Discover authentic Italian life
The region of Le Marche is diverse, but not yet so touristy! Below are some suggestions to discover and taste the region and the authentic Italian life. All destinations are within 60 kilometers of our B&B
- For example, visit picturesque coastal towns such as Sirolo, Numana and Senigallia.
- Stroll along Senigallia’s promenade and relax on one of the beach chairs or find a private spot on the sandy beach.
- Relax on the beautiful beaches of Sirolo or Numana and look out over the blue Adriatic sea with the chalk cliffs behind you.
- Stroll through the maze of historic streets in Perugia or Macerata.
- Imagine yourself in the Middle Ages in Gubbio, Gualdo Tadino or university town of Urbino.
- See the cathedrals and churches in Assisi or visit the pilgrimage site of Loreto.
- Visit the medieval university town of Perugia. You can take the escalator or elevator to the upper town. But be sure to visit the lower town and the underground city!
- Wander around Macerata and visit the famous open-air theater, visit the palace with carriage museum or admire the astronomical clock. Prague has the name but this clockwork is nothing like it!
- Experience the fairytale caves of Frasassi and visit the thermal baths at Genga. Hike to the Tempio di Valadier.
- Visit beautiful Cingoli “the roof of Le Marche” with breathtaking views of Le Marche.
- Go swimming in the beautiful reservoir of Cingoli and eat and drink something in one of the nice restaurants.
- Take a car trip along the 9 castelli of Arcevia. Piticchio you may remember from the TV program “the Italian dream”. Precursor to the program “I am leaving”.
- Visit the restaurants and taste Italian wine in Fabriano, but don’t forget to visit the museums, including the famous paper museum della Carta e della Filigrane. Admire the exhibition of award-winning watercolors.
- Hike or mountain bike from our house directly through the nature park or take one of the trails in the area. And who knows, you might spot the eagles!
- Visit the national park in the Sibillini Mountains with peaks above 2,000 meters and enjoy the beauty and colors.
- And this is by no means all!
And…should you stay home for the day, you can enjoy Italian coffee, a drink or snack on our terrace or cool off in our small pool and relax on our lounge chairs in one of our garden seating areas.